The Oral-B App gives you access to professional dental hygiene guidance and statistics, customization options for your toothbrush and the 2-minute timer, and even achievements, all of which are great for keeping on top of your dental hygiene routine and making the most of your Oral-B toothbrush!
What do I need?
To view the most recent list of phone types the Oral-B app is customized for, please visit this web page: https://www.oralb.co.uk/en-gb/oral-health/why-oral-b/electric-toothbrushes/app-availability. You can also check the Terms & Conditions of the Oral-B App for this information.
- An Oral-B SmartSeries or Genius electric toothbrush. Many of our Oral-B PRO electric toothbrushes also include the term ‘SmartSeries’ in their name, and this means they’re able to connect to our Oral-B App. All of our Oral-B Genius toothbrushes can connect to the Oral-B App.
- A compatible smartphone. The Oral-B App can be used with Android OS 4.4 or higher and iOS 9.0 or higher. Android OS 7.1 and above and iOS 10.0 and above are recommended for best results. The Oral-B App is not yet running on any other platforms (including Windows)
- The Oral-B App. See below for where to get it. The latest version is 6.0, and it’s important to keep it updated! (Most smartphones will update it automatically when a new version is available.)
Currently, there are no plans to offer the app for additional mobile phones or operating systems.
Where do I get the Oral-B App?
You can get our Oral-B App for iPhones on the Apple Store
, and for Android phones on the Google Play Store
How do I connect the Oral-B toothbrush to the App?
Follow these simple steps to connect your Oral-B toothbrush to the app via Bluetooth:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is activated on both your smartphone and toothbrush. To check that Bluetooth is activated on your toothbrush press the mode button on your toothbrush – the wave pattern on your handle should glow in blue.
- Open the Oral-B App.
- Turn your toothbrush on.
- The connection will establish automatically and the timer will start counting.
: You do not need to ‘pair’ your Oral-B electric toothbrush with your phone, like you do with some other Bluetooth devices. Attempting to do so will ask you for a 4-digit PIN, and this is not needed. Instead, just have Bluetooth active on the phone and toothbrush, open the App, and switch the toothbrush on.
It is possible that a previously established connection may break or freeze. In this case, turn off Bluetooth on your phone and activate again. Often this already opens the connection again. Should this fail please shut down your phone completely and reboot. With activated Bluetooth on your phone, the connection should re-establish.
Your smartphone must support Bluetooth 4.0 (or higher)/Bluetooth Smart in order to pair with your handle. Check the following link for supported phones*: https://www.oralb.co.uk/en-gb/oral-health/why-oral-b/electric-toothbrushes/app-availability.
*We've learned that some users might experience connectivity and/or data loss issues with Android 7.0 on some phones. Updating to a higher Android version (7.1 or higher) should solve the issue. Please check with your smartphone provider to see which operating software is available for you to download.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Please click here
to contact us so that we can help you better
Thanks for the Feedback!