Depending on which model you have, your Oral-B electric toothbrush should take between 14 and 22 hours to fully charge the brush, and should last for between 5 and 14 days of brushes (when brushing twice a day, for 2 minutes each time). If your brush is not charging or lasting this long there are a few tips you can try.
- First thing to do is check that the power outlet you are using is working as it should. If it’s attached to a bathroom cabinet, for example, the light switch on the cabinet may need to be switched on to power the socket.
- Make sure you are not charging the toothbrush on a metal surface. The metal can interfere with the charging process.
- With our Vitality, Kids toothbrushes & PRO 500/600 toothbrushes (labelled ‘Type: 3709, 3710 or 3756’ on the underside of the toothbrush), it can sometimes be difficult to know when they’re correctly switched off. If they’re switched on while charging, they won’t charge correctly. The best thing to do is to put it on the charger for 30 minutes or so, and then try to switch it on. If it switches on that’s great, and it was correctly switched off while charging. However if it doesn’t switch on, that might mean that it wasn’t switched off during charging.
- Be sure you’re charging for the full time noted in the manual. For our Vitality and PRO 500/600 toothbrushes, that’s 16 hours. For the Genius and Smart range (labelled ‘Type: 3765 or 3767’ on the underside of the handle), that’s 15 hours. For all other toothbrushes, they should be charged for 22 hours.
- All our toothbrushes apart from the Vitality and PRO 500 have a charging light. It should blink green during charging. Note that this can take up to 15 minutes to start happening if the toothbrush was entirely drained of battery during brushing. When charging is complete, the blinking should stop.
If these tips do not help, and you still are not getting the full usage time from your toothbrush, you can make use of the two-year manufacturer’s warranty on your Oral-B toothbrush. To do this, head over to our Online Repair Service. You’ll be able to enter your details, and the details of the toothbrush, to get your toothbrush booked in for repair. You’ll then be sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label, and a tracking number you can use to keep track of your repair. Note that you’ll need a copy of your receipt to arrange this.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!
Please click here
to contact us so that we can help you better
Thanks for the Feedback!