Every year, P&G receives donation requests for products and other items from consumers, outside organizations, P&G employees, teachers, students and other groups all over the world. While we would love to be able to help everyone who reaches out, we are unable to take part in all the opportunities brought to our attention.
There is no fair way to select some groups for assistance without denying others that are equally deserving. Therefore, P&G has decided to work through pre-identified, capable partner organizations that have the facilities, scale, and training required to distribute significant quantities of donated product to nonprofit affiliated agencies within each country.
In the U.S., the primary organization we have chosen to work with is Feeding America
. Feeding America has more than 200 member free stores serving all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. They are able to distribute P&G products through a nationwide network of approximately 61,000 assistance agencies, pantries, emergency shelters, senior care facilities, after-school programs, and mobile pantries.
In Canada, we focus our philanthropy efforts primarily on organizations that can benefit from in-kind donations of P&G product that align with our corporate or brand strategies. Recent examples include donations of:
- Household and personal care products to Syrian families arriving in Canada.
- Beauty products for Look Good Feel Better workshops that teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help them combat the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Dawn dish detergent to help with wildlife rehabilitation efforts in times of crisis and for everyday wildlife rescues.
- Product to Food Banks Canada, an organization that distributes donations to food banks that help the needy. Since 2002, we have donated over 6 million pounds of P&G product to Food Banks Canada.
- Personal hygiene kits and other products for evacuees of the 2016 Fort McMurray wildfires.
In other parts of the world, we work with local partners in our P&G communities to donate available product.
Additionally, the P&G Fund of The Greater Cincinnati Foundation provides funding for philanthropic activities and programs, with particular emphasis on bringing P&G’s corporate social responsibility strategy to life in P&G communities around the world. To donate to the P&G fund visit: https://www.gcfdn.org/Giving/Funds-of-the-Foundation/Procter-Gamble-Charitable-Giving.
P&G has an ongoing partnership with the USO (United Service Organizations Inc.)
, a nonprofit organization that provides programs and services for United States military personnel and their families, to receive the company’s military-related donations.
Please visit this web page to find out whether your program qualifies for consideration for a P&G grant: https://www.grantinterface.com/Process/Apply?urlkey=pgfund
Thanks for your feedback!
Please click here
to contact us so that we can help you better