Our Oral-B app is available for both Android and iOS operating systems and is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. To connect to the app with Bluetooth, your smartphone or device needs to be equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 (i.e. be smart-ready) and the operating system must support Bluetooth 4.0 (Android 4.3 or later and iOS5 or later). To check which operating system your Android or iPhone uses as well as which version of Bluetooth it has, you can typically access this by going to your phone’s settings and choosing ‘About’ or similar.
There are several Oral-B apps available, so please firstly check that you’ve downloaded our official app. This is the one titled “Oral-B” from P&G Productions in the Health and Fitness category.
For pairing your Oral-B app to your electric toothbrush, view the following video that shows how the connecting process should work.
However, if you are having difficulty with connecting your smartphone to the Oral-B app, I’d like to run you through a few troubleshooting steps.
- Our app is currently running version 4.2, which was released on the March 30th, 2017. You can check to see if you have the current version by pressing the three lines on the top-left corner, choosing ‘Settings,’ and then ‘About.’ There’s a couple of known issues with Android versions before 7.1.1, together with our Oral-B App on versions before 4.2, so make sure your Android is updated.
- If both of these are fine, please ensure that Bluetooth is activated on both the toothbrush and your phone. To check if Bluetooth is activated on your toothbrush, please turn the toothbrush on and the Bluetooth light (above the charge bar) will be on. If this does not come on then Bluetooth is not activated. To turn the Bluetooth on, please press and hold both the power and mode buttons for a few seconds until the light flashes on.
- When the toothbrush connects with the smartphone, a pairing request window will appear. Once you have agreed to pair the two devices, the toothbrush is now recognized by the smartphone operating system.
- A successfully paired toothbrush will appear as a connected device in the iOS Bluetooth setting. Please note that the pairing process can only be successfully completed from within the Oral-B app.
- You do not need to pair the toothbrush with your device through the device's Bluetooth settings. Attempting to do so will result in the device asking for a PIN. If this is the case, simply launch the Oral-B App and the brush and devices should connect.
- It is possible that a previously established connection breaks down and freezes. In this case, please turn off Bluetooth on your phone and activate again. Often this already opens the connection again. Should this fail please shut down your phone completely and reboot. With activated Bluetooth on your phone, the connection should re-establish.
These should do the trick, but if you are still experiencing difficulties, please get back to me. It would be helpful at this point to know if you can see any error messages or where the app is referring you to. If version 7.1.1 isn’t available for your phone, it’s likely one which will be available soon. For more information about this, I’d recommend contacting your phone’s manufacturer, or possibly your service provider. We’re confident that updating to the latest version of Android will solve the connection problems you’ve mentioned.
We do have our 60-day Money Back Guarantee available for use should you want to return the toothbrush to us. If you follow this link, you’ll find all the information you’ll need, including addresses, and what needs to be sent. The receipt is required for this. Let me know if you’ve any questions about this at all.