OTHER TIPS & TRICKS FOR LIVING WITH BRACES
- Braces Tips and Tricks
- Oral Care Routine for Braces
Braces Tips and Tricks
- Prepare a kit with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss (to use between meals), wax, and lip balm (for dry lips). Carry this with you at all times.
- If you have hooks, wear your rubber bands all of the time (except for when you're brushing your teeth). This may hurt sometimes, but it will stop the hooks from digging into or getting caught on your cheeks, as well as make sure that your treatment moves as quickly as possible.
- If one of your wires or brackets breaks, don't panic. Don't try to bend the wire or pull it out, which could make things worse. Just cover any sharp edges with wax or wet cotton, and call your orthodontist as soon as possible.
- Even if you're self-conscious about your braces, don't be afraid to smile – people actually notice your mouth more when it's clear that you're trying to hide something. Plus, braces are very common, so there's no reason to be ashamed of them.
Our Most Popular Electric Toothbrush for Brushing with Braces
Oral Care Routine for Braces
When wearing braces, it’s especially important to maintain a complete oral care regiment to ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy:
- Brush teeth at least twice a day with the Oral-B iO Series 9 Rechargeable Toothbrush . Its dentist-inspired round brush head expertly cleans with micro-vibrations to remove more plaque than a manual brush.
- Pair the Oral-B iO with a toothpaste containing Stannous Fluoride like Crest Gum Detoxify , its activated foam formula removes plaque bacteria in hard-to-reach areas to better reverse gingivitis.
- Floss at least once a day to remove more plaque and debris from tight spaces. The Oral-B Pro-Health Advanced Floss slides up to 50% more easily in tight spaces than other types of floss. To further improve your gum health, supplement your regular flossing routine with the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced, its unique Oxyjet Technology helps eliminate more plaque bacteria* for healthier gums.
- Swish with a rinse containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC), like Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash which helps protect your mouth from gingivitis and plaque with 0% alcohol.
* Helps reduce plaque bacteria and inflammatory components associated with gingivitis, when used as an adjunct to brushing, flossing and regular professional care.