HOW TO CLEAN YOUR ORAL-B WATER FLOSSER
- Routine Water Flosser Care
- Deep Clean Instructions
- Keep Your Mouth (and Your Counter) Clean!
You already know that a water flosser can do wonders for your oral hygiene, but did you know by keeping it clean can help ensure it’s always operating at its best? Here’s everything you need to know to keep your Oral-B Water Flosser cared for and clean, so it continues to deliver the interdental clean you’ve come to expect.
Routine Water Flosser Care
Clean your water flosser regularly to help keep it operating at peak performance. Start by rinsing the reservoir after every session—a few seconds here can go a long way in ensuring the longevity of your Oral-B Water Flosser.
Simply follow the steps outlined below to clean daily and prevent buildup:
- Turn off your device and remove the nozzle
- Drain any remaining water from the reservoir and leave the tank door open until next use
- Rinse the reservoir after each use and gently wipe it with a clean, damp cloth to help keep it hygienic
By emptying out any standing water from the reservoir, you can help keep your water flosser working like new, every time. For best results, tilt the water reservoir from side to side while holding it over the sink. Attach the nozzle and press the ON/OFF button and leave it turned on until no more water is running through the nozzle, this will only take a few seconds. Wipe down your water flosser with a clean, damp cloth and dry as needed.
Deep Clean Instructions
If you’re looking for a deeper clean, your water tank is dishwasher safe. The water reservoir lid should be securely placed on the top rack to prevent it from moving around during the wash cycle. Do not put the handle inside the dishwasher, instead, the handle should be gently wiped with a clean, damp cloth and dried after each use.
When it comes to cleaning the tube that’s inside your Oral-B water Flosser, make sure your follow the instructions outlined below:
- Make sure the water reservoir is completely empty by holding it over the sink and tilting it from side to side.
- Press the ON/OFF button and leave it turned on until no more water is running through the nozzle, to prevent any build-up or bacteria from collecting in the standing water.
- Turn off the handle by pressing the ON/OFF button again once the water is empty.
- DO NOT leave the device turned ON for a prolonged period as this may damage the motor. After emptying the reservoir, it will only take a few seconds to remove any remaining water from the device.
- However, if you are concerned about cleaning the tube, in can be placed securely in your dishwasher.
Water Flosser Cleaning Tips
Did You Know?
- The water tank on your Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced is dishwasher-safe: Clean the water tank easily by placing it securely inside your dishwasher.
- Wipe down the handle: Keep the handle clean by using a damp cloth after each session, then simply wipe dry.
- Tube care does not require regular cleaning: Follow the recommended cleaning instructions that came with your Oral-B Water Flosser to help keep the tube hygienic.
Remember: Keep your water flosser operating at peak performance by replacing the nozzle every 3 to 6 months. Go with the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced Aquafloss Nozzle for Focused and Rotation Streams or try the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced Precision Jet Nozzle for Precision and Multi-Jet Streams.
Keep Your Mouth (and Your Counter) Clean!
Tip 1: Clean On-Demand
Get greater control over the water stream as you release water only when you need it for an easier, less messy experience.
Tip 2: Lean Over the Sink
Before turning on your water flosser, lean over the sink as you put the nozzle in your mouth to prevent unwanted countertop splashes.
Tip 3: Round Out Your Routine
Brush 2X/day and floss 1X/day with string floss and supplement it with the Oral-B Water Flosser to further clean away any leftover plaque bacteria and food particles.
New to using Water flosser? Learn how to use it and the benefits of using water flossers.