HOW DO I CLEAN MY ORAL-B IO ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH?
- How to Clean Your Oral-B iO Electric Toothbrush
Cleaning your Oral-B iO electric toothbrush after every use is important when it comes to maximizing your oral care and the longevity of your brush. Be sure to clean your Oral-B iO electric toothbrush handle, brush head, and base properly. Learn more on how to clean your Oral-B electric toothbrush properly.
Cleaning your Oral-B iO electric toothbrush head and handle is easy. Use this quick guide to learn how best to keep your iO clean of debris and hygienic between brushing sessions.
How to Clean Your Oral-B iO Electric Toothbrush
- Rinse the brush head with your brush on
- Decouple and rinse separately
- Wipe dry and tap off any excess water from both brush head and handle
- Let your handle dry off in an upright position
Follow the tips below for how to clean your Oral-B electric toothbrush, brush head, and base between uses:
- After brushing, rinse your brush head under running water while the handle is still on
- Detach the brush head from the handle and clean both separately
- Make sure water runs inside the top of the handle and inside the brush head
- Wipe all parts dry before reassembling your brush and brush head
- Store your toothbrush in an upright position to allow it to airdry
- Be sure to regularly clean your charger with a damp cloth after unplugging it
- Wipe down your electric toothbrush base with a paper towel or clean cloth to remove any additional gunk that may be dwelling there
- To clean your iO accessories, check the individual cleaning instructions for each accessory under its “Accessories” paragraph found in the instructional booklet or located on service.braun.com.
To ensure you’re getting the best clean possible with your Oral-B iO electric toothbrush, dentists recommend replacing your brush head every 3 months. Frayed or missing bristles are also a sign that your brush head is in need of a refresh. This will help maximize the effectiveness of your toothbrush.
Still unsure of how to keep track of when a fresh brush head is needed? The Oral-B iO takes out all the guesswork—its smart toothbrush technology senses when it’s time for a new brush head by taking your personal brushing habits into account.
Plus, we’ve made it easy for you to always have fresh genuine Oral-B Brush Heads at the ready with a Brush Head Refill Subscription, so you can continue to experience a professional clean feeling at home, every day.
Did you know, Electric toothbrushes have many benefits including preventing bad breath, gum diseases and removing more plaque than a manual toothbrush*.