THE BEST TOOTHBRUSHES FOR GUM HEALTH
- Symptoms of Gum Disease
- Electric Toothbrushes are Proven to be the Best for Gum Health
- Upgrade Your Oral Care Routine for Healthier Gums
Your gums are the foundation of your oral health, helping keep your teeth in place and your smile resilient. A proper oral hygiene routine of brushing twice and flossing once a day can help maintain healthy gums, making it that much more crucial to use a toothbrush that’s specifically designed to support your gum line.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
Mild gum disease is characterized by swollen and sometimes bleeding gums. If left untreated, it can progress and result in receding gums and damage to the foundation of your teeth, putting them at risk as they become vulnerable to tooth loss.
Our Most Advanced Electric Toothbrush for Healthy Gums
Electric Toothbrushes are Proven to be the Best for Gum Health
A consistent oral care regimen can help keep gum disease from taking root. When looking for the best toothbrush for your gums, consider switching to an electric toothbrush. Research has shown that brushing with an electric toothbrush, like the Oral-B iO Series 9, can maintain gum health and prevent tooth loss.
Upgrade Your Oral Care Routine for Healthier Gums
Gingivitis is reversible, so visit your dental professional at the first signs of symptoms for a proper evaluation to decide the best course of treatment. They may simply have you update your daily oral hygiene routine to better protect and improve gum health. In fact, a recent study showed the gum health benefits of the following routine, where 100% of gingivitis patients transitioned to a healthy gingival state**:
- Brush teeth at least twice a day with the Oral-B iO Series 9 Rechargeable Toothbrush . Its dentist-inspired round brush head expertly cleans with micro-vibrations to remove more plaque than a manual brush.
- Pair the Oral-B iO with a toothpaste containing Stannous Fluoride like Crest Gum Detoxify, its activated foam formula removes plaque bacteria in hard-to-reach areas to better reverse gingivitis.
- Floss at least once a day to remove more plaque and debris from tight spaces. The Oral-B Pro-Health Advanced Floss slides up to 50% more easily in tight spaces than other types of floss. To further improve your gum health, supplement your regular flossing routine with the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced, its unique Oxyjet Technology helps eliminate more plaque bacteria* for healthier gums.
- Swish with a rinse containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC), like Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash which helps protect your mouth from gingivitis and plaque with 0% alcohol.
*Helps reduce plaque bacteria and inflammatory components associated with gingivitis, when used as an adjunct to brushing, flossing and regular professional care.
**Adam R,1 Grender J,2 Timm H,1 Qaqish J,3 Goyal CR.3 1. Procter & Gamble
Service GmbH, Kronberg, Germany. 2. The Procter & Gamble Co., Mason, OH,
USA. 3. All Sum, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Data on file, 2020.
Anti-Gingivitis and Anti-Plaque Efficacy of an Oral Hygiene Routine including
Oral-B® iO Oscillating-Rotating Electric Toothbrush, Stannous Fluoride
Dentifrice, CPC Rinse and Floss: Results from a 12-week Trial
1Pitchika V, Pink C, Völzke H, Welk A, Kocher T, Holtfreter B. Long-term impact of powered toothbrush on oral health: 11-year cohort study.
J Clin Periodontol. 2019. doi: 10.1111/jcpe.13126