Why won't my Oral-B electric toothbrush hold a charge?
The typical time to fully charge your toothbrush’s battery will vary depending on which Oral-B brush handle and charger combination you have. This information can be found on the last page of your toothbrush’s user manual.
|Charger Type||Handle Type||Typical Battery Charge Time (Hours)|
Once your brush is fully charged, the battery-life should last between 5 and 14 days of brushing (when brushing twice a day, for 2 minutes each time). You can find out how long to charge your electric toothbrush for to ensure a full battery by checking the user manual that can with your handle. If this hasn’t been your experience, there are a few things you can try.
- For some toothbrushes you will need to charge the brush completely before use, when you plug it in, it can take up to 10 minutes before the charging light will start to flash.
- First thing to do is check that the power outlet you are using is working as it should. If it’s attached to a bathroom cabinet, for example, the light switch on the cabinet may need to be switched on to power the socket. Learn if you can use your Oral-B charger abroad
- Make sure you are not charging the toothbrush on a metal surface. The metal can interfere with the charging process.
- Be sure you’re charging for the full time noted in the manual.
- All our toothbrushes apart from the Vitality and PRO 500 have a charging light. It should blink during charging. Note that this can take up to 15 minutes to start happening if the toothbrush was entirely drained of battery during brushing. When charging is complete, the blinking should stop.
If these tips do not help, and you still are not getting the full usage time from your toothbrush, you can make use of the two-year manufacturer’s warranty on your Oral-B toothbrush. To do this, head over to our Online Repair Service. You’ll be able to enter your details, and the details of the toothbrush, to get your toothbrush booked in for repair. You’ll then be sent a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label, and a tracking number you can use to keep track of your repair. Note that you’ll need a copy of your receipt to arrange this. Find out which Oral-B electric toothbrush you have.
Is there a red light on your Oral-B electric toothbrush? Learn more on what that means.
Only from Oral-B, the #1 brand used by dentists worldwide*.
*BASED ON SURVEYS OF A REPRESENTATIVE WORLDWIDE SAMPLE OF DENTISTS CARRIED OUT FOR P&G REGULARLY
Thanks for your feedback!
Please click here to contact us so that we can help you better