BEST MOUTHWASH FOR DRY MOUTH
- Common Causes of Dry Mouth
- Dry Mouth Symptoms
- Our Best Mouthwash Options to help with the effects of Dry Mouth
Our Best Mouthwash Options to Help with the Effects of Dry Mouth
If you’re not producing enough saliva, then you may experience dry mouth. Dry mouth can range from having a minor effect on your day-to-day life to impacting your general health. If you have symptoms of dry mouth, then visit your dental professional for proper diagnosis or treatment. He or she may help with recommending the right oral care products to use, including mouthwash for dry mouth.
Common Causes of Dry Mouth
Certain medications and medical conditions can cause dry mouth, however more common causes include breathing through the mouth, alcohol use, tobacco use, and simply age.
Dry Mouth Symptoms
If you have dry mouth, then you may experience some or all of the following symptoms:
- Cotton-like mouth feel
- Bad breath
- Dry tongue
- Difficulty speaking, swallowing, or chewing
If you suspect that you may have dry mouth, it’s best to see your dental or medical professional right away for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Our Best Mouthwash Options to help with the effects of Dry Mouth
Bad breath bacteria can thrive when your mouth is not producing enough saliva. Saliva helps neutralize acids and wash away food debris, helping you keep your teeth strong and free of decay when paired with a thorough oral hygiene routine of:
- Brushing at least 2X a day
- Flossing at least 1X a day
- Visiting your dental professional at least 2X a year for cleanings and checkups
If you’re looking to round out your routine with an oral rinse, then there are certain factors to consider when adding a mouthwash to the mix. The best mouthwash to try if you have dry mouth should be alcohol-free as alcohol further dries out the mouth.
Some of our best mouthwash options to add to your routine if you have a dry mouth include:
- Crest Moisturizing Oral Rinse Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash – The minty, alcohol-free formula helps keep teeth and gums in good condition.
- Crest Pro-Health Advanced Multi-Protection – Alcohol free, refreshing mint formula kills 99% of germs* (in laboratory test) and provides 23 hour protection against plaque, gingivitis and bad breath.
- Gum Care Cool Wintergreen – Alcohol free formula reduces and prevents gingivitis, kills millions of plaque germs around the gum line and reduces gum redness and inflammation.
- Oral-B Dry Mouth Oral Rinse Mouthwash, Moisturizing Mint – Formulated to provide immediate dry mouth symptom relief for up to 6 hours.
Why Use Oral-B Mouthwash?
Aside from helping to relieve symptoms of dry mouth, there are other specialized rinses that can help with additional oral health issues.
Our Best Mouthwash for Receding Gums
Gum recession happens when bacterial plaque destroys the tissue surrounding the gum line. try rinsing with a mouthwash for receding gums to better protect your gum line and reinforce your overall clean. To kill plaque bacteria and the gum line and reverse early signs of gum disease, add Oral-B Gum Detoxify Oral Rinse to your daily routine.
Our Best Mouthwash for Sensitive Teeth
Tooth sensitivity can cause discomfort when brushing, flossing, eating, or drinking. To protect gums so they stay in good condition and strengthen teeth, try rinsing with a mouthwash for sensitive teeth like Crest Pro-Health Sensi-Care Rinse. Its fresh mint flavor and non-alcoholic formulation delivers a gentle clean.
Our Best Mouthwash for Ulcers
When looking for the best mouthwash for ulcers or other mouth sores, it’s important to choose one that doesn’t further irritate the sore. A good option to swish with is Oral-B Mouth Sore Oral Rinse, its alcohol-free formula cleanses inner cheeks, tongue, and gum wounds.
Our Best Mouthwash for Braces
Adding a mouthwash for braces to your daily routine can help improve the cleanliness of your mouth, fight bad breath, and prevent cavities in areas where it’s difficult to reach with a traditional toothbrush—especially between brackets and wires. To protect your smile while straightening, try rinsing with Oral-B 24 Hour Plaque Defense. The alcohol-free formula is scientifically developed to kill millions of plaque-causing germs ad prevent plaque growth.
Only from Oral-B, the #1 brand used by dentists worldwide*.
*BASED ON SURVEYS OF A REPRESENTATIVE WORLDWIDE SAMPLE OF DENTISTS CARRIED OUT FOR P&G REGULARLY