MOUTHWASH FOR SENSITIVE TEETH
- Oral Hygiene for Sensitive Teeth
- Our Best Mouthwash for Sensitive Teeth
Do you feel discomfort when brushing or flossing? Then you may have sensitive teeth. Look for a gentle mouthwash formula for sensitive teeth that’s best for you. What Causes Tooth Sensitivity?
Brushing, flossing, and even eating or drinking can cause discomfort when suffering from sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity can be caused by a number of factors, some more serious than others. The causes of sensitive teeth include:
- Tooth Enamel: When the outermost layer of your tooth, or enamel, wears away it can lead to sensitivity pain. Enamel helps protect your teeth from sensitivity, damage, and staining. To help strengthen enamel, try adding a fluoride toothpaste to your routine. For further protection, consider swishing with Crest Pro-Health Sensi-Care Rinse.
- Exposed Roots: When gums recede, it means the tissue surrounding your tooth’s roots and nerve gets stripped away. The exposed roots can lead a sharp pain, especially when brushing or flossing. Learn more about our best mouthwash for gum issues that cause receding gums
- Chipped or Cracked Tooth: If you have a damaged tooth, then you increase your risk of sensitivity. See your dental professional right away for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Gum Issues: When gums aren’t in good condition or are tender, you may experience sensitivity pain.
- Tooth Decay: Dental caries are small pits or holes in the tooth that when touched create a sharp, intense pain. Schedule a visit with your dental professional for diagnosis and treatment such as a filling.
If your tooth sensitivity continues to bother you, see your dental professional right away to better identify the cause and proper treatment.
Oral Hygiene for Sensitive Teeth
Though sensitive teeth can be particularly uncomfortable, there are certain steps you take to make your oral care routine a bit more tolerable and keep your mouth clean:
- Switch to an electric toothbrush equipped with Sensitive Mode for a gentler clean
- Pair your electric toothbrush with a sensitivity toothbrush replacement head and brush twice a day to help remove bacterial plaque from your teeth
- Use a toothpaste containing fluoride to strengthen teeth and prevent the damage that bacteria in plaque causes as it builds up on teeth throughout the day
- Visit your dental professional at least twice a year for professional cleanings and checkups
Our Best Mouthwash for Sensitive Teeth
When looking for a mouthwash for sensitive teeth, consider rinsing with an alcohol-free formula. Crest Pro-Health Advanced Multi-Protection Mouthwash provides all day protection against plaque buildup, gum, and bad breath without the burn of alcohol.
To protect gums so they stay in good condition and strengthen teeth, try rinsing with Crest Pro-Health Sensi-Care Rinse. Its fresh mint flavor and non-alcoholic formulation delivers a gentle clean.
Learn more about the best alcohol free mouthwash for you
Our other mouthwashes