FIND THE BEST MOUTHWASH FOR YOU
- Brushing Your Teeth While Traveling
- What is the Best Mouthwash for you?
- Complete Your Oral Care Routine
There are various types of mouthwashes and rinses on the market; and understanding the differences will help in selecting the right rinse to use.
Types of Rinses
Mouthwashes freshen your breath and help wash away food particles, but they are not a replacement for a regular routine of brushing twice daily and flossing daily. Most standard over‐the‐counter mouthwashes contain breath‐freshening ingredients but do not contain fluoride unless the label says otherwise. Oral-B Breath Purify Special Care Oral Rinse is scientifically formulated to treat and neutralize bad breath.
A fluoride mouth rinse works by protecting your teeth from acids produced by bacterial plaque. The fluoride in a fluoride rinse, like the Oral-B Cavity Protection Special Care Rinse, integrates itself into the enamel coating of your teeth to help protect against cavities. This is not a substitute for brushing twice daily and flossing daily.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Rinse
Chlorhexidine gluconate rinses are highly ‐effective prescription treatments commonly marketed in formulations containing 0.12% chlorhexidine gluconate, with 11.6% alcohol. An alcohol‐free formula has been introduced in the United States that is reportedly as effective as formulas with alcohol. Chlorhexidine rinses are indicated for use between dental visits as part of a professional program for the treatment of gingivitis and are generally considered the gold standard for therapeutic rinses.
Learn more about types of mouthwashes
What is the Best Mouthwash for you?
Adding a mouthwash or rinse to your oral care routine helps to freshen breath and improve the health of your mouth. Crest has a variety of mouthwashes available to choose from. It’s important to understand what options are available to you and what to consider when choosing a mouthwash or rinse. Here are some factors to take into consideration:
Alcohol – Yes or No?
Alcohol is found in many mouthwashes and rinses on the market. If you have young children, teens, or are a recovering alcoholic, you may want to choose an alcohol‐free mouthwash product to avoid any problems. We recommend using Crest Pro‐Health Clinical Rinse.
For those who suffer from tooth sensitivity or are recovering from a dental procedure, you may find the ingredients in mouthwash irritating. Consider trying an alcohol‐free mouthwash, which contains ingredients that are soothing and gentle on your teeth and gums.
Our Most Popular Electric Toothbrush for Everyday Brushing
Some dental rinses contain anti‐plaque ingredients, which not only help control bad breath but also help to prevent plaque buildup on the teeth. We recommend using Crest Pro‐Health Multi‐Protection Rinse.
A lack of saliva can lead to a cotton-like feeling, or dry mouth. Having a dry mouth can increase your chances of plaque buildup and bad breath. Swish with Oral-B Dry Mouth Special Care Oral Rinse to moisturize, hydrate, and freshen your breath for up to 6 hours.
We recommend using Crest for a healthier mouth and long‐lasting fresh breath.
See our complete line of mouthwashes and rinses to choose the right one for you.
Learn more about which mouthwash is best for you
Complete Your Oral Care Routine
No matter which mouthwash you rinse with, it’s important to maintain a thorough oral care regiment to ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy:
- Brush teeth at least twice a day with the Oral-B iO Series 9 Rechargeable Toothbrush . Its dentist-inspired round brush head expertly cleans with micro-vibrations to remove more plaque than a manual brush.
- Pair the Oral-B iO with a toothpaste containing Stannous Fluoride like Crest Gum Detoxify, its activated foam formula removes plaque bacteria in hard-to-reach areas to better reverse gingivitis.
- Floss at least once a day to remove more plaque and debris from tight spaces. The Oral-B Pro-Health Advanced Floss slides up to 50% more easily in tight spaces than other types of floss. To further improve your gum health, supplement your regular flossing routine with the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced, its unique Oxyjet Technology helps eliminate more plaque bacteria* for healthier gums.
*Helps reduce plaque bacteria and inflammatory components associated with gingivitis, when used as an adjunct to brushing, flossing and regular professional care.