ORAL-B REPLACEMENT TOOTHBRUSH HEADS: BENEFITS & DIFFERENCES
- Why are Oral-B Toothbrushes Trusted by Dental Professionals?
- Dentist-Inspired Brush Head Technology
- What Makes Oral-B Toothbrush Heads Different?
- Specialized Replacement Brush Head Solutions
- What Sets Oral-B iO Brush Heads Apart?
- Are Oral-B Electric Toothbrush Heads Recyclable?
When it comes to a superior clean, the right toothbrush and brush head can make all the difference. That’s why Oral-B replacement brush heads are developed with dentists to help remove more plaque, massage gums, and deliver a gentle yet effective clean, every time you brush. It’s the toothbrush brand that’s the most used and trusted by dentists worldwide—here’s why.
Why are Oral-B Toothbrushes Trusted by Dental Professionals?
There’s a reason why Oral-B is the #1 toothbrush used by dentists worldwide. The clinically proven technology that goes behind Oral-B replacement brush heads helps remove 100% more bacterial plaque than a manual brush for healthier gums and strong teeth.
Round cleans better—Oral-B’s dental professional-inspired round brush head surrounds each tooth for 100% better plaque removal than a regular manual toothbrush.
Dentist-Inspired Brush Head Technology
If you’re not brushing with an Oral-B refill, then you may not be getting the most out of your electric toothbrush. The oscillating/rotating power that makes Oral-B brush heads so effective, helps to break up and sweep away plaque buildup from tooth surfaces and along the gum line.
The round brush head featured on Oral-B electric toothbrushes is uniquely and purposely designed to mimic the tool used in dental offices.
Plus, the fine, soft bristles on most Oral-B brush heads are designed at a 16-degree angle to reach deep between teeth for an optimal clean.
To help keep your toothbrush operating at peak performance, dentists recommend replacing your brush head every 3 months. That’s why many Oral-B brush heads feature indicator bristles which change color, so you know exactly when it’s time for a refresh.
What Makes Oral-B Toothbrush Heads Different?
Inspired by professional dental tools for a tooth-by-tooth clean, Oral-B bristles are specially engineered to effectively polish away surface stains, remove more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush, and deliver gum stimulation—all while staying durable to ensure long-lasting cleaning performance. The higher bristle density of an Oral-B brush head results in a smooth, gentle clean for sensitive gums and teeth.
Plus, all Oral-B brush heads are vigorously tested to ensure quality and safety:
- Bristles are specifically and expertly placed to deliver optimal cleaning performance.
- The brush head shaft is designed to safely attach to your handle with no mess or hindrance on cleaning performance.
- Unique features that make up each brush head help protect your gums and teeth.
- All materials are of the highest standard and are approved for safe and hygienic oral care use for adults and children over 3 years old.
- Bristles are more durable and show less signs of fraying between replacement times.
Specialized Replacement Brush Head Solutions
Oral-B recognizes that since each mouth is different, toothbrushes and brush heads simply cannot be one type fits all. Not only do Oral-B electric toothbrushes clean up to 5X better at the gum line vs. manual brushes, but the unique round brush heads also offer additional benefits as well—with specialized brushing solutions that adapt to individual needs, including:
- Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads for sensitive mouths are designed with extra-soft, thin bristles to deliver an extra gentle clean on gums and tooth enamel.
- Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads for whitening help polish away surface stains for whiter teeth as early as day one.
- Oral-B refills designed for braces and other orthodontic appliances effectively clean in hard-to-reach areas such as wires and brackets.
- Oral-B refills for kids feature extra-soft bristles and small brush heads that are specifically designed for kids’ growing mouths.
Not sure which brush head is right for you? Check out the differences and benefits of available Oral-B refills below.
What Sets Oral-B iO Brush Heads Apart?
The award-winning Oral-B iO Series features the latest in brushing technology to deliver an amazing cleaning performance. Just like other Oral-B brush heads, iO brush heads remove 100% more plaque than a regular manual, but there are several differences between iO and non-iO replacement brush heads:
- Tufted bristles work in combination with powerful, but gentle micro-vibrations for a professional clean feeling every day.
- Innovative CrissCross bristles on Oral-B’s signature round brush head and perfect 16-degree angle are designed for ultimate cleaning.
- Angled, tuft-in-tuft trim pattern precisely surrounds each tooth to effectively reach and gently clean all areas of the mouth.
- Specially designed overlay of concave and convex bristles trim partner adapt to the curvature of the tooth and gum line, featured on iO Gentle Care refills.
- Up to 4000 high density filaments deliver a gentle and effective cleaning experience, featured on iO Gentle Care refills.
Are Oral-B Electric Toothbrush Heads Recyclable?
Oral-B is committed to healthy habits for people and our communities. That's why we're reducing gas emissions, plastic waste, and making it easy to give used oral care products, like brush heads, new life with our Recycle On Us program.
Participating is free and easy, and with every sustainable effort we make together, we can ensure people and our communities thrive, today and for generations to come.
Check out our healthy toothbrushing routine tips to improve your oral health and reduce the environmental impact of your oral care routine. Be sure to maintain a thorough oral hygiene routine of brushing at least twice daily, flossing once every day, and visiting a dental professional every 6 months to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
From Oral-B, the #1 dentist-recommended toothbrush brand, worldwide.