USING A TRAVEL TOOTHBRUSH TO BRUSH ON THE GO
- Brushing Your Teeth While Traveling
- Other Tips for Oral Care on the Go
Brush Teeth While Traveling
Before you begin brushing, be sure to ask your dental professional for recommendations on technique and how to brush teeth properly. It also might be helpful to refer to the brushing instructions supplied with your electric toothbrush.
Many people keep some sort of travel toothbrush, along with a travel-sized tube of toothpaste and a small container of dental floss, in their purse, briefcase, coat pocket, or office desk drawer. It’s also smart to make sure you have one in your carry-on bag as well; in case you get stranded. And keeping your travel toothbrush kit stocked with these items will make sure they’re ready to go when you are.
The type of toothbrush you travel with matters, too. If you are looking for an electric toothbrush to travel with, check out the Oral-B iO9. It comes with a travel case that can charge your smartphone and your brush, all while protecting your electric toothbrush handle and brush heads.
Remember, even if you don’t have toothpaste, wetting the brush and brushing with water is better than nothing.
Other Tips for Oral Care on the Go
- Chew gum: If food and water are scarce on a trip, bring a pack of sugarless gum with you. Airplane travel can contribute to a dry mouth, which can promote tooth decay. Chewing sugarless gum will help restore the saliva in your mouth, which can help rinse away excess bacteria.
- Snack right : If you’re stranded at the airport or a budget hotel with nothing but selections from a vending machine to sustain you, your teeth will thank you if you choose peanuts over pretzels or candy. Some evidence suggests that nuts might help protect tooth enamel from plaque by neutralizing acids in the mouth and providing a dose of healthy minerals such as phosphorus. Pretzels may sound like a healthy snack choice, but they are more likely than nuts to get caught between the teeth, and they contain more of the fermentable carbohydrates that can foster the growth of bacteria in your mouth, especially if you are on the go and you won’t be able to brush your teeth for a while.
- Floss When You Can : One of the easiest ways to maintain oral care on the go is to carry a small container of floss with you. If you’re hiking or camping and want to travel light, floss takes up less space than your electric flosser. Soft flosses can be used by anyone. They slide easily between the teeth to make flossing faster and easier.
- Schedule a Checkup : Schedule a checkup with your dental professional before you go. The last thing you want is a dental health problem to occur when you are far from reliable dental care. Problems can still occur, but you can reduce the risk by being as prepared as you can before you travel.
On the Go Oral Care for Healthier Gums
No matter where you are, the key to a healthy mouth is a healthy foundation—your gum line. With one of our best toothbrushes for gum health incorporating into your daily oral hygiene routine, you can better protect and improve your gum health. A recent study showed the gum health benefits of the following routine, where 100% of gingivitis patients transitioned to a healthy gingival state**:
- Brush teeth at least twice a day with the Oral-B iO Series 9 Rechargeable Toothbrush. Its dentist-inspired round brush head expertly cleans with micro-vibrations to remove more plaque than a manual brush.
- Pair the Oral-B iO with a toothpaste containing Stannous Fluoride like Crest Gum Detoxify, its activated foam formula removes plaque bacteria in hard-to-reach areas to better reverse gingivitis.
- Floss at least once a day to remove more plaque and debris from tight spaces. The Oral-B Pro-Health Advanced Floss slides up to 50% more easily in tight spaces than other types of floss. To further improve your gum health, supplement your regular flossing routine with the Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced, its unique Oxyjet Technology helps eliminate more plaque bacteria* for healthier gums.
- Swish with a rinse containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC), like Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash which helps protect your mouth from gingivitis and plaque with 0% alcohol.
From Oral-B, the #1 toothbrush brand used by dentists worldwide.
*HELPS REDUCE PLAQUE BACTERIA AND INFLAMMATORY COMPONENTS ASSOCIATED WITH GINGIVITIS, WHEN USED AS AN ADJUNCT TO BRUSHING, FLOSSING AND REGULAR PROFESSIONAL CARE.
**ADAM R,1 GRENDER J,2 TIMM H,1 QAQISH J,3 GOYAL CR.3 1. PROCTER & GAMBLE SERVICE GMBH, KRONBERG, GERMANY. 2. THE PROCTER & GAMBLE CO., MASON, OH, USA. 3. ALL SUM, MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO, CANADA. DATA ON FILE, 2020. ANTI-GINGIVITIS AND ANTI-PLAQUE EFFICACY OF AN ORAL HYGIENE ROUTINE INCLUDING ORAL-B® IO OSCILLATING-ROTATING ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH, STANNOUS FLUORIDE DENTIFRICE, CPC RINSE AND FLOSS: RESULTS FROM A 12-WEEK TRIAL